- 3 lb. of lobster meat
- 3 teaspoon annato seedoil
- 1 cup of onion(chopped)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves(chopped)
- ½ cup of celery (chopped)
- ½ cup of carrot(slice thin)
- 1 cup of calabaza
- 1 cups of wine (white dry)
- 4 tomatoes (medium - peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups of stock (lobster, fish or chicken) made from lobster shell
- ¼ cup of small pimiento stuffed olives
- ½ teaspoonground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teapoon cumin
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 leaves of culandro
- salt to taste
- 3 sprigs green scallion slices
If you have Sofrito just add it to the kettle bring to heat and add the
celery, carrots, tomatoes, calabaza, wine, stock, etc.
To start from scratch you add the annato seed oil to the soup kettle, bring to heat, saute' onion and green bell pepper until soft, thenadd the garlic, celery, carrots, calabaza, tomatoes, white wine, fish or lobster stock, add the 2 cups of rice.Also add the bay leaves, paprika, caper, olives, cumin salt pepper pinch of saffron, cilantro, oregano add the lobster meat. Cover let tosimmer, cook about 35 minutes. Serve in deep bowlssprinkle scallion and cilantro for garnish.
Recipe sent by: Cristino Alicea from Florida.
My Fav Recipe Book
Find recipes like this and more in the recipe book Puerto Rican Cookery by Carmen Aboy Valldejuli. My mother gave me this recipe book on my 18th birthday and it has been my staple recipe book ever since.