- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh okra
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 8 med.sized ripe tomatoes
- 2 tsp.finely chopped fresh hot chilies
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
In a 10 inch skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Put in onions and stir frequently, cook for 5 minutes. Add and stir in the tomatoes, chilies and garlic and cover for another 5 minutes. Add the okra, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and cover simmer for 15 to 20 until okra are tender.
Recipe sent by: Cristino Alicea from Florida.
My Fav Recipe Book
Find recipes like this and more in the recipe book Puerto Rican Cookery by Carmen Aboy Valldejuli. My mother gave me this recipe book on my 18th birthday and it has been my staple recipe book ever since.