Spicy Island Gazpacho
- 3 large tomatoes (2 chopped 1 dice)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper medium
- 1 chile (mild to hot optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 ½ cups of tomato juice
- 1 cup of clam juice (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- A dash of worcestershire sauce (optional)
- A few dashes of tabasco
- 2 to 3 leaves of cilantro
- 1 small avocado (diced)
Place tomatoes in a large bowl put in the onion, garlic, cucumber, pepper and chile. Pour the lime juice and vinegar, mix, let stand for 2 hours. Pour tomato juice over mixture add the clam juice, olive oil, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin, worcestershire and tabasco. Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth, chill for 2 hours, add tomato juice if too thick , serve Gazpacho cold with diced avocado and cilantro as top garnish.
Recipe sent by: Cristino Alicea from Florida.
My Fav Recipe Book
Find recipes like this and more in the recipe book Puerto Rican Cookery by Carmen Aboy Valldejuli. My mother gave me this recipe book on my 18th birthday and it has been my staple recipe book ever since.